Virtualization Software Engineer
Join Silicom Denmark and become part of future technologies
– innovation – growth – influence and state-of-the-art-technology
Silicom Denmark is growing and expanding rapidly with new cutting edge acceleration solutions for next generation Cloud / Datacenters. In order to strengthen R&D, the company is looking for a dedicated Virtualization Software Engineer, who will participate in developing the next generation of Silicom DK products. This position is newly created.
As a new Virtualization Software Engineer you will be involved in all phases of the development process – from idea to implementation and test. You will be working closely together with your colleagues in the SW group, Solution Architects and in FPGA, HW, Test, Sales & Marketing.
Your primary tasks:
- Design and develop leading edge FPGA accelerated cloud solutions in close collaboration with the customers
- Drive the integration of our products into a virtualized environment
- Module testing and documentation
- Integration and test on system level
- Keep up to date on relevant new technology
You will have the opportunity to play an important role in help growing the SW group and Silicom Denmark by constantly improving the working processes and tool chain within SW Development.
Your profile includes:
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, storage and network management
- Hands – on solutions design experience in SDN, SR -IOV, VirtIO, Open vSwitch or similar technologies
- Understanding of Software Defined Networks ( SDN ) and Network Functions Virtualization ( NFV )
- Virtualization – KVM, Virtio, Xen Hypervisor knowledge
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge about datacenter tools: Kubernetes, Openshift Container Platform ( OCP )
- Experienced C programmer
- Experience in Python
- Experienced Linux user
- Interest in and understanding of Hardware
- Self-motivating and able to take ownership of tasks
- Team player, must thrive and be willing to work as a team
- Good at contributing and coming up with ideas
- Good English skills, written and spoken; Danish language is not a requirement
Furthermore it is an advantage if you are familiar with:
- Linux system programming
- Deep working knowledge of open source technologies
- Network programming IP, TCP, sockets and Ethernet (1G – 100G)
You will be a part of a highly skilled, growing SW group. Silicom Denmark has an innovative, motivating and dynamic development environment, where you will have the opportunity to gain influence and work with the newest technology. Furthermore Silicom Denmark is characterized by a flat structure and open culture.
The ideal candidate has an engineering background (candidate- or bachelor degree) within software development, combined with experience in the electronic industry, e.g. datacom or datacenter, with special emphasis on virtualization.
How to apply:
Please apply online to email@example.com; for further information, you are welcome to contact Selsøe & Partners ApS: Helle Selsøe +45 22733013.
About Silicom Denmark :
Silicom Denmark A/S, formerly Fiberblaze A/S, located in Søborg Denmark, is a Danish IT- and Datacom company founded in 2008. In 2014 Fiberblaze was acquired by Silicom Ltd. and is now a fully owned subsidiary. All Silicom Denmark’s development is driven and controlled out of our office in Denmark. Silicom Denmark is a significant international OEM supplier of FPGA based high performance Network Interface Cards for the Financial, Telecommunication, Datacenter / Cloud and Cyber Security sectors. The growth is fueled by Silicom Denmark’s ability to provide solutions matching customer requirements, from unconfigured hardware platforms to fully configured solutions. Silicom Denmark’s portfolio includes Capture and Financial solutions within the range of 1 –400Gb/s, unconfigured network cards as well as IP Cores for FPGAs and ASICs.
In Silicom Denmark you will join app. 45 dedicated colleagues in a flat informal organization with fast decision-making processes. The environment is very dynamic and characterized by innovation, a pioneering spirit and cooperation. The company culture is a “we culture” where everyone pitches in to influence projects and daily schedules. You will have the freedom to do your own planning, and you will be a part of a hardworking team that also takes the time to have fun.